Employee Health and Utilization Trends
- According to a recent survey of 282 companies in the United States:
- 42% of employers note an increase in employee utilization of the company health plan
- 47% of employers are seeing an increase in their workers’ use of the employee assistance program (EAP)
- 30% of employers are seeing an increase in workers filing disability claims
- Unplanned absence is rising among workers at 22% of U.S. companies
Source: “Despite Economic Pressures, Employers Enhancing Programs That Boost Worker Health and Productivity, Watson Wyatt/National Business Group on Health Survey Finds,” Watson Wyatt press release, November 30, 2009,http://www.watsonwyatt.com/news/press.asp?ID=22767
No comments yet.