Health Insurance Revenues and More
- A decline of 12.4% in net income, to $8.2 billion
- Nearly 35% of the industry’s net income arose from the top 1% of companies with the largest assets.
- Health benefit payments jumped by 6.9%, totaling $332 billion
- Underwriting costs experienced a five-year compound annual growth rate of 9.5%
- Total revenue only showed a five-year compound annual growth rate of 9.2%
- Source: “Health Insurers’ Net Income Falls while the Health Reform Debate Continues, According to Highline Data,” Highline Data press release, December 21, 2009, http://www.highlinedata.com/news/Documents/Highline_Data_Analysis_Shows_Health_Industry_Net_Income_Fell_12-21-09.pdf
No comments yet.